Our scholarships are funded by donations from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations, corporate sponsors and private individuals. The scholarships are worth between $3000 and $5000 per year and may continue for up to four years.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild as defined by AVCAT's Constitution (to include adopted children, ex-nuptial children, and step-children) of an Australian ex-serving veteran. The veteran must be an ex-serving Australian Veteran with operational service, including eligible war service, warlike service, and peacekeeping/peacemaking service, OR have three or more years of continuous full-time service in the Australian Defence Force. (You can search the Nominal Rolls for service documents)
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2021
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment (use the Centrelink calculator to check your estimated entitlements)