Our scholarships are funded by donations from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations, corporate sponsors and private individuals. The scholarships are worth between $3000 and $5000 per year and may continue for up to four years.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild of a person with operational service (as defined by the legislation) or three or more years continuous full-time other service, as a member of the Australian Navy, Army or Air Force
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2019
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment
- be under the age of 25 (except for exceptional circumstances)
If you are interested in applying for a 2019 Scholarship please fill out the “Contact Us” form and we will add you to our Expressions of Interest Register. An application form will be emailed or posted to you in July. The application forms and information guide will be available to download from this website when the applications open.
The same application form is used for all scholarships. Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible.