Our scholarships are funded by donations from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations, corporate sponsors and private individuals. The scholarships are worth between $3000 and $5000 per year and may continue for up to four years.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild of a person with operational service (as defined by the legislation) or three or more years continuous full-time other service, as a member of the Australian Navy, Army or Air Force (Search the Nominal Rolls for service documents)
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2019
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment (use the Centrelink calculator to check your estimated entitlements)
- be under the age of 25 (except for exceptional circumstances)