Scholarship applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by early March 2020.
Please note new scholarship holders and current scholarship recipients will receive their first payment by the end of March.
Our scholarships are funded by donations from the Australian Government Department of Veterans’ Affairs, ex-service organisations, corporate sponsors and private individuals. The scholarships are worth between $3000 and $5000 per year and may continue for up to four years.
To be eligible to apply for AVCAT scholarship you must:
- have Australian residency
- be the child or grandchild as defined by AVCAT's Constitution (to include adopted children, ex-nuptial children, and step-children) of an Australian ex-serving veteran. The veteran must be an ex-serving Australian Veteran with operational service, including eligible war service, warlike service, and peacekeeping/peacemaking service, OR have three or more years of continuous full-time service in the Australian Defence Force. (You can search the Nominal Rolls for service documents)
- be planning to enrol or be enrolled in tertiary education in Australia at an Australian university, TAFE or registered training organisation in 2021
- be studying or planning to study full-time on-line or face-to-face
- be receiving, or be eligible to receive, Centrelink Youth Allowance or an equivalent educational payment (use the Centrelink calculator to check your estimated entitlements)